The Annville Free Library is excited to offer 5 mobile hotspots from Mobile Beacon to our patrons for circulation. Mobile hotspots can be used to connect to the Internet in places that do not have an Internet connection. You can take one to a meeting, on vacation, or to your home, etc. and connect up to 10 WiFi enabled devices to it.
What is the coverage area for these hotspots?
The hotspots connect using Sprint’s unlimited 4G LTE data plan. To check on coverage go to Sprints nationwide coverage map .
How many devices can connect to this hotspot?
You can connect up to 10 devices to the hotspot. Supported WiFi -enabled devices include: smart phones, laptops, tablets, cameras, and printers.
How do I check out a hotspot?
Stop in at the Annville Free Library, sign a WiFi Hotspot Checkout Agreement, and use your library card to check one out just like any other item. Hotspots must be checked out at the Annville Free Library. They will not be sent in delivery to other libraries in the county.
Who can check out a hotspot?
Anyone 18 years of age or older with a Lebanon County Library card that is in good standing (no fines, fees, or unreturned items on their account) and with a check out history of at least 4 months.
How long can I borrow it?
Hotspots can be borrowed for 3 weeks. There is a late fee of $5.00 per day for hotspots not returned on time. If the device is not returned a fee of $80.00 will be added to your account. Overdue hotspots will have Internet access deactivated within 48 hours beyond their due date and cannot be reactivated by the patron.
How do I return it?
Hotspots must be returned to the circulation desk at the Annville Free Library with all accessories in the original packaging.
Can I renew it?
Hotspots may not be renewed. After a hotspot is returned it may be checked out again if there are no holds on it.
How much does it cost?
Borrowing and using the hotspot is free!
Please pay attention to the due date. There is a $5.00 per day late fee. Devices are considered lost if they are 10 or more days late. If the device is lost or damaged, a fee of $80.00 will be charged to your library account.
What if I don’t return the hotspot?
Overdue hotspots will have Internet access deactivated with 48 hours beyond the due date and cannot be reactivated by the patron.
Devices are considered lost if they are 1 or more days late, and a fee of $80.00 will be charged to your library account. Failure to pay that fee or return the device will result in having your library card blocked and unusable.
What information about my Internet usage, if any, is tracked by the library?
Your Internet usage is not tracked by the library. While using the library’s hotspot you are governed by the same rules as our Internet Policy. You are responsible for the Internet use of any minors while using the hotspot.
How do I use the device?
These Instructions are included with each hotspot:
- Charge the hotspot, if needed, by inserting the small end of the USB cable into the port at the bottom of the device. Plug the charging adapter into a standard AC power outlet.
- Make sure the device you a trying to connect to the hotspot has it WiFi mode turned on.
- Power up the hotspot by pressing and holding the power key on top of the device. Note: It can take several minutes for the device to connect with the Sprint network.
- On the device you are connecting open the wifi application or control and find the WiFi name listed in the instructions included with the hotspot.
- When prompted enter the WiFi password that is included with the hotspot.
- Your WiFi enabled device is now connected to the Internet.
Tips & Troubleshooting
- Make sure the device is charged by using the USB cable provided.
- If you are having problems please call the Annville Free Library at 717-867-1802 and we will try to help you.