Contact Miss Cindy, children’s librarian, with any questions about children’s programming.
- Baby Smart Start Story Times (birth to 2)
- Preschool Story Times (2.5 to 6)
- Afterschool Reading Clubs (grades 1 to 4)
- Summer Reading Program
- Useful & Interesting Resources
Baby Smart Start Story Times
This free library program for parents, grandparents, and their babies
from birth to 2 years of age features books, songs, signing & rhymes.
Siblings are welcome. No registration is necessary.
Tuesdays, 10:30 – 11:00 am
Sept. 10 – Oct. 8
& Nov. 12 – Dec. 17 ( No Program on Nov. 26)
Preschool Story Times
Fall & Spring
Ages 2.5 to 5
No registration required
11 – week Community Helpers Series
Beginning September 10, 11, & 12
Ending Nov. 19, 20, & 21
Choose a session that best suits your schedule:
Tuesdays 10:15 – 11:00 am
Wednesdays 1:15 – 2:00 pm
Thursdays 10:15 – 11:00 am
Join Miss Cindy for stories and a craft
Dec. 3 or 5 @ 10:15 am
or Dec. 4 @ 1:15 pm
Afterschool Reading Clubs
During each session of this 7 week program Miss Cindy provides themed programs that include read-aloud stories, STEM activities, games and crafts.
Grades 1 & 2 Thursdays @ 3:30 – 4:40 pm
Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24, Nov. 7, 14, & 21 (No Club on Oct.31)
Grades 3 & 4 Tuesdays @ 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Oct. 8, 15, 22, 29, Nov. 5, 12, &19
Bus transportation will be provided for AC students to the library from the school. Students must be registered. Registration forms are available for download above or from the schools and at the library.
These programs are open to all children in the appropriate age groups. Forms are available @ the library & AC elementary schools. Registered AC students may ride the bus to the library.
Summer Reading Program
Summer Reading is over this year.
We had a GREAT time! We hope you did too!
Keep your eyes peeled like bananas for next year’s theme!
Family Programs – Mondays @ 2:00 pm
Preschool Storytimes (ages 2.5 – 6)
Storytimes @ Cleona Playground
Storytimes @ AC Pool
Children’s Reading Program
(ages 3 – gr. 5)
Pick up a summer reading folder, log the minutes you read,
enjoy fun activities & earn prizes along the way!
GET OUTDOORS, LEBANON!
Get Outdoors is over until next summer. See you then!
Pick up an “Explore” booklet at the library and get active with your family in Lebanon County recreational areas.
Get outdoors and discover the wonder of nature as you hunt for 15 activity posts hidden in parks and along trails in Lebanon County. Children follow clues available in their free Explore booklet to locate each post. (They then make a rubbing of the unique etching plate found at each post as a record of their “find.” The more activity posts you find, the better your chances are to win an exciting grand prize.
Useful and Interesting Resources
Children’s Book Review & Award Sites:
- Children’s Book Council
- The Horn Book, Inc.
- School Library Journal
- The Caldecott Medal
- The Newbery Medal
Some of Our Favorite Children’s Author Sites:
- Tedd Arnold(No Jumping on the Bed!, Green Wilma)
- Avi award-winning author of Poppy, Beyond the Westen Sea, and many more
- Judy Blume (Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret)
- Jan Brett(The Mitten)
- Eric Carle
- James Gurney (Dinotopia)
- Brian Jacques (Redwall, etc.)
- William Joyce (George Shrinks)
- Robert Munsch (Love You Forever)
- Dave Pilkey(Captain Underpants, Dumb Bunnies, Hallowiener)
- J. K. Rowling (Harry Potter)
- Dr. Seuss
- R. L. Stine (Goosebumps)
- Chris Van Allsburg (Polar Express)
- Hans Wilhelm (Bunny Trouble, Tyrone the Horrible)
- Audrey Wood (Elbert’s Bad Word)
- ALA’s Cool Sites For Kids
- Ask Jeeve’s Kids
- Discovery’s Homework Helper
- Fact Monster
- KidsClick! – A web search for kids by librarians
- Learn All About Dewey & His Classification System – too cool!
- Power Library – home of Bookflix, Kid Search, Searchasaurus and more!
- N.Y. Times Learning Network – a current events site for grades 3-12, parents & teachers
Home School/Educational Resources
- Home Education Magazine
- Home School Assoc. of CA – Cool Math Works Site
- National Home Education Network
- PBS Teacher Source Thousands of lesson plans & activities
- Sites for Teachers
- The Accidental Scientist: the Science of Cooking
- Spelling It Right an excellent site for troubled spellers
- Timeline Science: 1,000 years of scientific thought
- Brain Pop
- Fun School
- Harry Potter
- Ivy’s Coloring Pages
- National Geographic
- KidsSesame Street
- Smithsonian Magazines Kids’ Castle
- PopCap Games
Free Web games (puzzles, word games, casino games) for single or multiple players. No downloads required.