For Kids from Birth to 3rd Grade
Contact Miss Cindy, children’s librarian, with any questions about children’s programming.
- Baby Smart Start Story Times (birth to 2)
- Preschool Story Times (2.5 to 6)
- After-school Reading Clubs (grades 1 to 4)
- Summer Reading Program
- Useful & Interesting Resources
This free library program for parents, grandparents, and their babies
from birth to 2 years of age features books, songs, signing & rhymes.
Siblings are welcome. No registration is necessary.
Baby Story Times will resume in Fall 2021
All online Baby Story Times can be found HERE.
Preschool Story Times
Ages 2.5 to 6
Tuesdays or Thursdays @ 10:15 am
June 15 through July 29
(No Storytimes July 6 & 8)
All of Miss Cindy’s online Story Times can be found on our YouTube channel.
After-school Reading Clubs
Grades 1 & 2 Thursdays @ 3:30 – 4:40 pm
Grades 3 & 4 Tuesdays @ 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Bus transportation will be provided for AC students to the library from the school. Students must be registered. Registration forms are available at the library or from the schools.
These programs are open to all children in the appropriate age groups. Forms are available @ the library & AC elementary schools. Registered AC students may ride the bus to the library.
Summer Reading 2021
Family Programs – Mondays @ 2:00 pm
Click HERE for more Information
Children’s Reading Program
(ages 3 – gr. 5)
Click HERE for information on our Children’s Summer Reading Program
GET OUTDOORS, LEBANON!
Pick up a Tail Trail Guide at the library and get active with your family
in Lebanon County recreational areas!
Useful and Interesting Resources
Children’s Book Review & Award Sites:
- Children’s Book Council
- The Horn Book, Inc.
- School Library Journal
- The Caldecott Medal
- The Newbery Medal
Some of Our Favorite Children’s Author Sites:
- Tedd Arnold(No Jumping on the Bed!, Green Wilma)
- Avi award-winning author of Poppy, Beyond the Westen Sea, and many more
- Judy Blume (Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret)
- Jan Brett(The Mitten)
- Eric Carle
- James Gurney (Dinotopia)
- Brian Jacques (Redwall, etc.)
- William Joyce (George Shrinks)
- Robert Munsch (Love You Forever)
- Dave Pilkey(Captain Underpants, Dumb Bunnies, Hallowiener)
- J. K. Rowling (Harry Potter)
- Dr. Seuss
- R. L. Stine (Goosebumps)
- Chris Van Allsburg (Polar Express)
- Hans Wilhelm (Bunny Trouble, Tyrone the Horrible)
- Audrey Wood (Elbert’s Bad Word)
- ALA’s Cool Sites For Kids
- Ask Jeeve’s Kids
- Discovery’s Homework Helper
- Fact Monster
- KidsClick! – A web search for kids by librarians
- Learn All About Dewey & His Classification System – too cool!
- Power Library – home of Bookflix, Kid Search, Searchasaurus and more!
- N.Y. Times Learning Network – a current events site for grades 3-12, parents & teachers
Home School/Educational Resources
- Home Education Magazine
- Home School Assoc. of CA – Cool Math Works Site
- National Home Education Network
- PBS Teacher Source Thousands of lesson plans & activities
- Sites for Teachers
- The Accidental Scientist: the Science of Cooking
- Spelling It Right an excellent site for troubled spellers
- Timeline Science: 1,000 years of scientific thought