Annville Free Library Ukulele Lending Policy and Agreement
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Ukuleles can ONLY be checked out from and returned to the Annville Free Library circulation desk. A fine of $5 will be charged for ukuleles not returned directly to the Annville Free Library circulation desk. DO NOT USE BOOKDROP.
- Must have a valid ADULT Lebanon County Library Card
- Borrowers must be in good standing with the Library, with a current address on file, and no outstanding fines of $5.00 or more.
- Borrowers must be 18 years or older. Borrowers must read, understand, and sign this agreement at the Circulation Desk in the presence of a library staff member every time an instrument is checked out.
- Parents or legal guardians may check out musical instruments for children under 18.
- Only one instrument may be checked out per card.
- Ukuleles check out for 3 weeks but to renew the instrument must be brought into the library.
Fines and Liability
The overdue fine is $5.00 per day for a maximum of $50
The borrower is responsible for costs associated with damage or loss of the musical instrument and/or accessories due to neglect or abuse. The complete replacement cost is as follows:
Replacement cost for instrument:
- Ukulele ($50)
Replacement costs for accessories
- Instrument case ($23)
- Tuner ($21)
- Instruction Book ($14)
AFL does not accept instruments purchased by customers in lieu of payment.
Proper Care and Use
- This ukulele is NOT a toy, but a real instrument.
- The ukulele may not be altered in any way. This includes but is not limited to: switching the strings, adding stickers, removing hardware, etc.
- Use very small turns on the pegs to tune. Chromatic tuners are included in the uke kit.
- Check our website HERE for a how to tune your uke video.
- Keep the ukulele in the carrying bag when not in use.
- Do not expose the ukulele to extreme temperatures (ex. Sitting in a heated or freezing car all day). Extreme temperatures may break the wood